Monday - Friday -- 8am to 12 noon - 1pm to 5pm
The mission of the Clerk and Recorders Office is to serve the public and to preserve the records of Jefferson County.
Search of Public Records
Records recorded or filed since April 1, 1990, have been automated and are easily accessed by computer. The grantor/grantee index provided for you on this web site will enable you to search public records of the Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder's office. Conversion of older records is an ongoing effort. The records can be located at www.idocmarket.com
Elections, Land Records, Budgeting and Accounting, Recording/Filing of documents
- Affidavit of Annual Representation of Mining Claims
- Application for a Birth Certificate
- Application for a Death Certificate
- Beneficiary Deed Worksheet
- Beneficiary Deed
- Statement of Acknowledgment of Surviving Owner
- Homestead Declaration Worksheet
- Homestead Declaration
- Quit Claim Deed 1
- Quit Claim Deed 2
- Quit Claim Deed 3 - Joint Tenancy
- Realty Transfer Certificate
Available forms on line:
Filing and Recording FeesTop
7-4-2636. Standards for recorded documents -- exemptions.
- Unless accompanied by the appropriate fee required in 7-4-2637, a document submitted for recording must:
- be legibly printed or typed in blue or black ink on white paper that is either 8 1/2 x 11 inches or 8 1/2 x 14 inches in size;
- provide the names of the parties to the conveyance on the first or second page of any document with more than one page;
- provide a description of the property if the document conveys an interest in real property;
- have all signatures, initials, dates, or handwriting in blue or black ink;
- except as provided in subsection (1)(f) and except for page numbers, initials, or other designations, have margins that are clear of all markings in the following dimensions:
- at least 3 inches at the top of the first page and at least 1 inch at the top of the second and any subsequent pages;
- at least 1 inch on the bottom of each page;
- at least 1/2 inch on the sides of each page; and
- include the name and mailing address of the person to whom the document is to be returned in the upper left-hand corner of the first page between the 1/2-inch side margins of each document submitted and may include legibly printed or typed transactional information.
- Except as provided in subsection (2)(b), only documents submitted for recording and filing that conform to the provisions of this section are considered standard documents for the purposes of 7-4-2637.
- Documents that are acknowledged as having been executed prior to April 28, 2007, must be accepted for recording and considered standard documents, regardless of whether they conform to the provisions of this section.
- An acknowledgment by a notary is exempt from the color and margin requirements of this section.
- Page numbers, the name and mailing address of the person to whom the document is to be returned, and other administrative information or designations may appear in the margins.
- If the notarial seal is made by impression of an embosser, the seal is exempt from the margin requirements of this section.
- An officially certified court or other government document, whether from an in-state or out-of-state office, is exempt from the provisions of this section.
7-4-2637. (Effective October 1, 2011) Fees for recording standard documents.
- Except as provided in 7-4-2631 and subsection (2) of this section, the fee
for recording a standard document that meets the requirements of 7-4-2636 is $7
for each page or fraction of a page.
- The fee for recording a document that does not meet the requirements of 7-4-2636 is the fee specified in subsection (1) plus $10.
7-4-2632. Fee when recording done by mechanical means. Where recording is done by photographic or similar process, the county clerk and recorder shall charge $7.00 for each page or fraction of a page of the instrument for recording (deed, Mortgages, Contracts, Certificates of Location, affidavits of Labor & other Miscellaneous documents).
7-4-2614. Fee for recording military discharges and on copy, no fee, for additional copies certified or not certified, no fee.
7-4-2631. Fee for filing and indexing each writ of attachment,
execution, certificate of sale, lien, lis pendens, official bond, or
other instrument required by law to be filed and indexed, $5.00;
Fee for filing federal tax liens 44.6.104 ARM
- filing a notice of federal tax lien $7.00;
- filing any amendment, $7.00;
- filing a certificate of release, no fee;
- issuing a certificate of federal tax lien from the filing officer, $7.00.
Fee for filing of subdivision and townsite plats, $5.00 plus:
- for each lot up to and including 100, 50 cents:
- for each additional lot in excess of 100, 25 cents.
Fee for filing certificates of surveys and amendments thereto, $5.00 plus 50 cents per tract or lot.
70-22-109. Fee for filing corner recordation reports from surveyors, no fee.
82-1-105. Fee for filing geophysical exploration permits, $5.00.
Fee for copy of a record or paper:
- for the first page of any document, 50 cents, and 25 cents for each subsequent page; and
- for each certificate with seal affixed, $2.00.
Fee for administering an oath with certificate and seal, no charge.
Fee for taking and certifying an acknowledgment, with seal affixed, for signature to it, no charge.
Fee for each certified copy of a birth certificate, $5.00, and for each certified copy of a death certificate, $3.00.
Uniform Commercial Code Bureau - Schedule of Fees 44.6.105 ARM
|A.||Commercial Filing -- UCC-1 & Agricultural Filing -- AG-1|
|B.||Commercial Filing -- UCC-3 & Agricultural Filing -- AG-3|
|Termination statement||no fee|
|Partial release of collateral statement||$5.00|
|Statement adding or changing collateral||$5.00|
|Amendment changing debtor, name, secured party name and/or addresses||$5.00|
|Any other amendment||$5.00|
Form that is other than 5" X 8" or has attachment, no additional fee.
|C.||Agricultural Refilings -- AG-2|
|County Clerk and Recorder: certifying a refiling form and posting a notice of refiling||$4.00|
|Secretary of State: for each document listed on the refiling form||$2.00|
|D.||Request for Information -- UCC-11|
|Certificate of Search||$7.00|
|Copy of document (per page)||$0.50|
Note: there is a minimum Charge of $1.00 for ANY copies mailed from this office.
INCORRECT FEES WILL RESULT IN
REJECTION OF DOCUMENT